Thursday, February 6, 2014

New Book In The Works…



Hey guys, as most of you know I have not written a single word in nine months.  I thought I would retire to my lazy boy and spend the rest of my life cuddled up with my kindle reading wonderful books that I have yet to discover.

Every once in a while, I’ll have a fan email me and ask me when, where, and what are you going to write about next.  I would inform them that the lazy boy needs me, my kindle whispers sweet nothings into my ear, and I just don’t have anything else to give…. I have felt that way for a long time.  The last book I wrote was the Horny Werewolf.  I wrote it for my girlfriend Corinne who loves werewolfs.  The book was my best and my personal favorite and I felt like I was leaving my fans with the best that I had to give, to tie up any loose ends that might have haunted them.

A couple of weeks ago, I was talking with my BFF and my writing came up in the conversation.  She asked if I was ever going to write again.  I told her that I didn’t think I had anymore monster erotica in me.  Then I started telling her of a story that was lingering in my head - it was something totally different than I ever wrote about before.  When I was done telling her she said, "Wow, I’d read that.”

So… I am writing… wait for it… a real book.  Yep, a real one.  With lots of pages.  With interesting characters and great sex but a story in the forefront. A story without any monsters.  Not even a shape shifter.  So my friends, I am going to try this and see if I have anything left to give.  The deciding factor to whether I was going to start writing this book was when I found this quote by one of my favorite artists:

“Try and fail, but never fail to try!” – Jared Leto

So my friends… I am going to try.

I don’t know when I will be done but go to my Amazon Author Page:


Once you're there, look to the left and you will see “Stay up to date” and click on “Email me when there are new releases by Nikita King.”

Wish me luck...

4 comments:

  1. You've hooked me with all the spoilers you gave away! I don't know (starting to sound like william shatner here) if I can wait for your much awaited next book. Seriously though, you are one of my favorite authors and I'm looking forward to this new book! On a side note I loved the horny tales series and am still wondering what happened to Dean's sister?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I am so happy you like the series! I have really struggled to continue or not in monster erotica. It is so popular and there are so many books out about it... I kinda feel like it's all been done.

    The book I am writing right now is kind of a thriller/romance I guess you could say. I had this story in my head for about a year and ... I am about 2/3 done with it. It is just so different than anything else I have done. I guess I am nervous to be honest.

    About Sammy, Dean's sister... if I do write another Horny Tale I kinda thought about her mate being Teros. Do you remember him? He is the villain in the Leprechaun 2. He was the bad Night Gaunt. Sammy is heading to Ireland to be with Karen and Teros wasn't so happy to lose her so...

    Thanks for taking time out to contact me. Sorry, I just checked my blog tonight. Wish me luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even if there are multiple monster erotica stories out there, yours is unique because of the evolved characters and plot lines. I should know I've read more than a few that are out there. Its one of the reasons I keep coming back to your Amazon author page and your blog.

    Yes I remember Teros and I think that would be an awesome story and end to the series. I always love when authors link characters from previous books into a new storyline.

    I wish you luck with your newest book and hope to read many more after it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hapireader - can you email me at badkittycat3@hotmail.com? There is something I would like to ask you.

      Thanks,

      Nikita

      Delete